21 January 2017
Stick it to them! Audio on USB sticks: saving money and the environment.
Did you know we can produce audio on USB keys? For longer documents, regular magazines or mail-outs, producing your communications on USBs can save you money – and is a more environmentally-friendly choice.
When Susie started A2i back in 1999, most customers preferred audio tapes. Today, we are rarely asked for tape transcriptions – our most requested format is audio CD. However, USB keys are an often over-looked format for audio.
What are the benefits of audio transcriptions on USB / memory sticks?
- Cheaper than CDs for copies
- Re-usable – return them to A2i for re-use, saving money and resources
- Low risk of damage in the post
- Excellent sound quality
- Small and easy to fit in letterboxes, so no bulky packets for customers to collect if they are not at home
- Hold documents the size of a book
And, of course, audio is a format accessible to many people, including those with a visual impairment, dyslexia, learning difficulties or other reading difficulties.
Why not give them a go? Let your customers know we can produce these… USB might be their preferred format!
For further information, get in touch the usual way:
Image By Mimooh (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons.