2 April 2020
How you can help your customers in isolation
A2i can help you stay in touch with your customers with a disability even if they can’t leave their house (and if you / we can’t either!)
For people in isolation, communication is vital. Online or emailed information is proving invaluable at a time when offices are manned by less staff.
You can help your customers in isolation by:
1) Putting your information on your website, in accessible formats
- email Large Print as Word and/or PDF documents to you, including forms and surveys
- send you mp3 versions of your documents, to upload
- create Accessible PDF and Accessible Word versions of your documents, that can be used with screen reading and screen magnifying software
- design accessible Easy Read documents for you, including editable Easy Read forms so your customers can complete them online and email them to you
2) Sending accessible documents to your customers by email.
You can also email the formats mentioned above to your customers. This is a useful way to communicate information requested by individual people, or needed by certain groups only. It is also a more proactive way or disseminating fast-changing information.
If you would like any advice on any of the above formats please get in touch.