At A2i we want to make sure people can access information both in hard copy and digitally. Many print disabled people access texts using computers or other digital devices, using specialist adaptive software which reads text out loud, magnifies it or produces it on a refreshable Braille display.
It's really important to create Accessible PDFs and Accessible Word documents, and our transcription team can adapt your document so it is compatible with the largest range of adaptive software as possible (e.g. JAWS, BrowseAloud and Adobe's 'Read Out Loud' function). Adapting electronic documents to make them accessible is called E-text transcription.
Click here for an example
Download our document and open in Adobe. Click on View - Read Out Loud - Activate Read Out Loud. Then click on View - Read Out Loud - Read to End of Document. (This example is our own Price Guide which demonstrates alt tags, tables and more)
Let us help you with your project
The process is simple: just send us a copy of your document, and we will do all the specialist work – including dealing with complex items such as tables, forms, graphs and images. Our turnaround time is usually just 3 working days. Get in touch if you have any questions.
Our E-text transcription services include:
Different types of document
- magazines and journals
- financial billing and statements
- text books and educational material
Output in various styles
- fully tagged Accessible PDFs
- Accessible Word docx files
- presentation in Large Print style for screen magnifiers
- your original PDFs made fully accessible
- adapting text layout
- translating diagrams, graphs and pictures
- Etext in a wide range of languages
- maths E-text to degree-level standard